Revolution
Welcome to our FFVII: CC Revolution! Please look around, read the rules, and join in the fun!

*note* New accounts will have to be activated by an administrator before they can be in use, but unless there is a malfunction, this should occur within 24-36 hours of your application and you will get an email notifying you of it.
Revolution
Welcome to our FFVII: CC Revolution! Please look around, read the rules, and join in the fun!

*note* New accounts will have to be activated by an administrator before they can be in use, but unless there is a malfunction, this should occur within 24-36 hours of your application and you will get an email notifying you of it.
Revolution
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Revolution

A Crisis Core fansite, complete with an active RP forum.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jayd10

Jayd10

Gil : 4435

The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction Empty
PostSubject: The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction   The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction EmptyFri May 04, 2012 9:25 am

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters they belong to Square Enix And Crisis Core Final Fantasy. Except for the baby, I own the baby. (You will find out his name later in the story.). I also do not own Angeal's quote Owned by Crisis Core Final Fantasy *

*I would also would like to give credit to 7sodeno shirayuki7 for editing and help *

Chapter 1

"Hey, Zack there is an item for you down at the entrance. I would go see what it is."

Zack looked up and saw his friend, Kunsel, signaling the other to go a see what the item was. "Do you know what it is?" Zack asked.

"No, but Lazard said it was important." Kunsel shrugged.

"Okay I'll go check it out."

Zack wondered what it was as he went downstairs. 'Maybe its a new Materia, a new sword, or even some of Aerith's cooking!' He really hoped it was Aerith's cooking at that point. When Zack got downstairs there was nothing there. Zack then started to wonder if this was one of Kunsel's weird jokes, until Zack started to hear whimpering.

He looked around and found the source of the whimpering, but all that was there was a basket covered with a blanket.

"This must be it" he said to himself, "Oh it must be a puppy! The guys have been calling me puppy; they must have finally got one for me!"

That is when Zack's life would change forever…

He uncovered the weird basket to reveal a baby boy of about 3 months of age. Zack came out with an astonished, "huh, where did you come from?"

He looked at the baby; so innocent, it was clear that the baby was abandoned. In the basket there was a letter addressed to him. Zack took the letter and started to read it.

Zack, I'm sorry but I can't take care of our baby anymore. I'm too poor to support the both of us, please forgive me. Take care of him; he doesn't have a name yet. I thought it would be best for his father to name him.

"She didn't even leave her name…" He then looked down at the little boy he couldn't leave the boy alone. He felt such warmth when he looked into the boys eyes. The baby looked at Zack and started to smile and giggle, it brought a smile to the SOLDIER's face. "Of course, I'll take care of you little one. You're my baby boy, right?" The baby then cooed in agreement which made Zack smile even more.

After Zack brought the baby up to the upper levels of Shinra building he decided to see if Lazard knew anything about the baby. He looked down at the baby again and took notice to his features. The baby had soft black spiky hair like his own but messier, creamy tan skin, and the most beautiful Hazel eye's he had ever see,. Just like his used to be before they were Mako infused.

As he looked the baby over, he noticed that the little boy looked just like him when he was a baby it did not surprise him though. When he got to Lazard's office he gently knocked, "come in." Once Zack entered the room Lazard saw the basket in his hands. "Ah I see you got your item Zack?"

"Yeah I did."

"Just so you know we did test on him to see if he really is your son." Lazard paused and looked down. "Though he obviously is in every shape and form." Zack looked down at the baby and thought to himself 'yep he is diffidently mine, in looks anyway.'

Lazard then chuckled, "since you now are taking care of him you will need to get some supplies. With that I will have the company provided you with a bassinet for him to sleep in alright?"

"Okay" replied Zack."I guess I have some shopping to do."

"Yes you do and one more thing Zack."

"Yeah?"

"You have a couple of weeks off to adjust with the boy, then you're going back to normal schedule alright?"

"Of course, sir! Thank you." With that, Zack left with a spring in his step.

While walking away from Lazard's office Zack wondered where he would get the supplies he needed. Then it clicked "The Shinra department store, Of course." Zack said triumphantly. "Off we go my son!" He cried aloud as they both walked out of the building.

XXXXX

As Zack walked into the department store he took a quick survey of the place. Being in SOLDIER made you suspicious of most things. He walked over to the carts and placed the basket on the cart and buckled it and went on his little shopping spree.

Once he arrived to the baby section of the department store he went and got the first thing on his list, baby clothes. Zack made sure to get clothes in different sizes because he knows the baby will grow quickly. Next came the diapers, he took two large packs and moved along. Last was baby formula, except he didn't know a thing about formula. Scratching his head he couldn't decide to ask if Nutramil was a good brand.

"Excuse me is this a good brand?" Zack asked.

"Oh yes, that is definitely a good brand!" the female clerk answered.

Zack looked at it and replied, "Okay thank you" and was off with the formula.

"Wait!"

Zack looked back, "What?"

"You're going to need a lot more than just one canister!"

'You have to be kidding me. Am I going to have enough for all of this?' he thought. The baby then started to cry.

"Do you want to be held?" Zack said gently as he took the baby out of the basket and held him the crook of his arm making sure to support his head.

He looked at the clerk who had a look of concern toward the SOLDIER operative. He smiled, "how many will I need?"

She then handed him about six canisters, 7 bottles, a bottle and nipple brush. With a thank you Zack went on his way to the checkout with the baby still in the crook of his arm looking around.

Zack looked down to see the baby and saw how curious of a child he was. "Yep you're diffidently mine."

After picking up what he need for the baby Zack headed back to his apartment. He was placing the stuff he got away when his PHS that was on his bed started to ring. "Hello, Zack speaking."

"Hello Zack." replied the feminine voice.

"Oh, hey Aerith" replied Zack.

"Zack could you come over and see the flowers?" she asked.

"Sure I can. I also have a surprise."

"Really, could I know what it is?"

"No, then it would not be a surprise silly!"

"Okay" replied Aerith.

"Okay well see you in a few."

"Bye Zack."

"Bye" he hung up and placed his PHS in his pants pocket. "Well guess what little one? You get to meet my girlfriend." He chuckled at himself and continued to walk on but turning his direction to the slums.

XXXXX

As Zack walked along the slums with baby in one arm and basket of supplies in the other Zack was starting to feel tired. He looked around and saw a couple of girls running toward him.

"Hello Mr. SOLDIER," the girls said in their sweetest voices.

"Hi, please call me Zack."

"Okay," one of the three said.

"Zack whose baby is that?" one of the girl's asked.

"Mine" replied Zack.

"Does he have a name?" another girl asked.

"No not at the moment…"

"Will he ever get a name?" another girl said.

"Well yes when I can think of one at least."

"Can we help?" The three said in unison.

He looked at the three and said "of course" and let the names come at him. He got Adam to Zebidia, the girls went through the whole alphabet, and he didn't like any one of the names. As he looked away from the girls he saw Aerith.

She looked to see a beautiful baby boy in her boyfriends arm, "Zack is this surprise?" She asked.

"In matter of fact, yes it is" he said looking down and smiling at his baby. She smiled

"Does he have a name?" Aerith asked.

"No…" replied Zack.

"Well Zack" she said "what do you see when you look at him?"

He looked down to see his son and when he looked he only saw himself. Aerith looked at him and said "well?"

"All I see is myself Aerith…"

"Well Zack he is a spitting image of you." Aerith explained.

"I know but I just don't think it would be right to name him after me. Plus it would be confusing for him when he gets older." Zack shook his head.

"Zack just take your time it will come eventually."

"Okay thank you Aerith, and girls thank you for the help, but I have to go okay."

"Okay and your welcome Zack." The girls replied in unison. The girls ran off to the park as the couple walked into the church.

"Zack would you like some dinner?"

"Yes thank you." Zack looked down at the baby for the seventh time now trying to find a name for him but no luck.

"Zack…"

"Yeah Aerith?"

"Stop fussing over a name." Aerith scolded, "it will come to you don't worry."

"Fine..."

After dinner Aerith came to sit next to him "how is he?"

"Awake as ever" he replied.

"I can fix that" she then got up and made a bottle for the baby.

"Thanks."

"No problem" she said sweetly.

He looked down and smiled at the baby boy when Zack suddenly felt very warm inside. That's when the name finally came to him! "Jayden" he said softly.

"What?" Aerith asked.

"Jayden, that's his first name Jayden." He said it louder this time.

Aerith smiled "does he have a middle name?"

"Of course! It will be Zackary."

"Jayden Zackary Fair?" Aerith repeated the baby's full name. "That sounds perfect for him!"

"Of course it is. I named him!"

"Zack I really hope he doesn't inherit your cockiness." she teased.

"If you say that then he will!"

She smiled, and let out a breath "may I hold Jayden?"

"Of course" he said with a smile. His chest grew warm at the sight of his girlfriend holding his baby boy, Jayden.

XXXXX

Sometime later Zack decided it was time to take his baby boy home for a bath and bed. As he walked through the halls of Shinra building to his apartment he couldn't help but look down at his baby who was again looking around with curious little eye's.

As Zack was doing this, he did not notice where he was going and bumped into his mentor Angeal. "What are you doing puppy?" Then he looked down and saw the baby. "Zack, what are you doing with a baby?"

"Well Angeal… He's my baby."

"What! He's yours?" Angeal was surprised by the news, Zack was still too young to be a father. "How? When? Do I even want to know?"

"No, you don't Angeal" as Zack said that he saw the look on Angeal's face, which was the look Zack, got when something embarrassing was happening to him, which happened often.

He saw that Angeal was looking down at his chest, so Zack looked and saw his baby was sucking on his chest! Zack then pulled Jayden away from his body, Angeal then started to laugh. "Zack he must be hungry." Zack felt embarrassed, and started to blush. "Don't worry Zack no one else saw but me." Angeal added.

A breath then escaped his body. He was still embarrassed that his mentor saw that. "Zack may I hold him?" Angeal asked.

"Yes, of course you can Angeal." Zack then passed the baby over to Angeal who gingerly brought the baby close. He then noticed how much he looked like Zack and acted like him too. "Ever the restless puppy." He muttered to himself.

Zack looked at his baby and just thought 'he's definitely the cutest baby I have ever seen and he's mine too.' Angeal then passed the baby back too Zack who started to put Jayden back in the basket until he started crying. He looked at Jayden and said "okay fine, Angeal could you hold Jayden while I carry in the supplies?"

"Of course Zack," replied Angeal. "I also like his name, it fits him very well."

"Thanks Angeal."

As they walked to his apartment Zack wondered if it would need to be baby proofed, he made a mental checklist of what to go over when he did such task.

"Here we are," Angeal interrupted Zack's train of thought.

Both SOLDIERs entered Zack's apartment. Once Zack placed everything for Jayden in his room he returned to the living room where Angeal sat on the couch with Jayden.

"Thank you" replied Zack.

"Any time Zack" Angeal passed Jayden back to Zack. He turned around and left the apartment, leaving Zack alone with Jayden.

Zack then took a quick scan of the place and decided to worry about baby proofing later when Jayden could crawl, he set the supplies out and quickly made Jayden a bottle so that incident would not happen again. As Jayden happily ate the bottle Zack happily held him. "Okay buddy let's get ready for bed", Jayden cooed and Zack chuckled "I'll take that as a yes!"

He went into the room and decided to change Jayden's diaper, which was not bad at all, Zack then remarked "Mister, I have seen worse than that, you will need to throw me a better challenge than that!" which made the baby laugh, Zack smiled and started to put the onesy on Jayden "okay you're all set. Now it's time for Daddy to get ready for bed." Jayden cooed in reply.

Zack gently sat him down in the basket, but Jayden started to cry. "Jayden I'll only be gone for a minute." Jayden started at Zack before the man started to undress until he was in his boxers. "Okay Jayden time for bed." Zack then wondered if he should have Jayden sleep in his bed or in the basket. He looked at him and saw that it looked uncomfortable, he then picked up Jayden and brought him in his bed, and he laid the baby down and turned the light off.

Jayden began to coo at Zack he smiled and looked Jayden in the eyes and said "my boy, you are the most beautiful baby I have ever seen." Zack drew Jayden close to his body and said "I love you" to the baby and kissed him on the forehead as father and son both drifted off to sleep.

Zack: Hey, I thought Jayden was my baby! ='(

Me: Well he is yours but I came up with him…

Zack: Oh… That makes more sense.

Me: -_-" Zack I love you but you can really be a dope…

Zack: Thanks, I appreciate that!

Me: … Dork….

Jayden: *cute blank baby look*

Me: Gah! You're so adorable!

Zack: Why thank you!

Me: Zack why are you saying thank you when the compliment was for Jayden? -_-

Zack: Cause I made him.

Me: You have a point there… o///o

*Anyway Hey so I am surprised I'm even doing this, so tell me what you think! But please don't tear me a new one....*
Back to top Go down
Jayd10

Jayd10

PostSubject: Re: The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction   The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:06 pm

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters except for Jayden. Square Enix and Final fantasy own all those characters*

Chapter 2

It was a bright and shiny morning, perfect for sleeping in. A constant buzzing filled Zack's room, he forgot to turn off his alarm. Without opening his eyes Zack swung his fist down and knocked the alarm clock off the night stand. A loud crack could be heard in the room, Zack will need to get a new clock soon.

"How could I keep forgetting to turn that off when I have at least two weeks off?" Zack muttered to himself annoyed.

Having his eye's still closed Zack turned his head and opened his eyes to see his baby. However, Jayden wasn't there. Zack then started to panic until he felt an unusual weight on his chest. He looked to see that Jayden was resting on his chest sucking his thumb.

"Now how did you get up their little one?" Zack replied

Zack remembered waking up in the middle of the night to feed Jayden. He must've placed him there after feeding him. Zack let his head rest on the soft pillows, trying to enjoy the rest of his morning before Jayden woke up. He closed his eyes and tried to fall asleep, until Zack started to hear shuffling in the living room. He wasn't sure who would be stupid enough to break into a SOLDIER's apartment but he wouldn't take any chances. Zack took Jayden in his arms and stood up, he then placed him in the basket next to his bed.

Zack then grabbed his sword and snuck out of his room quietly into the sunlit apartment. His sensitive hearing cold pick-up the sound of footsteps, it sounded like it was just one person in the apartment. He quickly took a scan of the small area to find anything that didn't belong. He saw a familiar mess of small red spikes and a pair of goggles.

"Reno?"Zack asked.

"Uh…. Nope! No one by that name here, yo!" Reno replied nervously. He ducked behind the couch. Did he really think that Zack couldn't see him?

"Oh really now, I guess you wouldn't mind being cut then?" Zack replied mischievously

Reno then jumped up and started yelling "Don't you even dare and try to cut me yo!"

"Shh! You're going to wake the…" Zack stated harshly, but it was too late Jayden was up and crying.

"Thanks Reno," Zack grumbled. He went in his room and picked Jayden up. A few seconds later brought him into the living room.

"So the rumors are true." Reno scoffed as looked at the small bundle in Zack's arms.

"Yep they were." Zack replied as he started to rock Jayden back and forth.

"Can I hold him? Reno asked excitedly

"Sure."

Zack then passed the baby over to the Turk who held him a bit awkwardly at first but then got comfortable with the baby in his arms. Zack let a small smile appear as he watch the awkwardness Reno must feel holding a child. However, now it was time to get some answers out of the Turk.

"So why are you here Reno?" Zack asked tiredly

"I wanted to see if the rumors were true about you having a kid. So I decided to break into your apartment and sneak into your room and see for myself, yo." Reno replied triumphantly

"You know I could tell Tseng that you were breaking and entering into my apartment right?"

"You wouldn't do that to me, would you Zack?" The red head asked sadly

"No," Zack let out a tired sigh. "Please don't do it again, especially this early in the morning."

A sigh of relief then escaped the red head. He was taking notice to the baby's features. "Wow Zack this kid is a spitting image of you, yo!"

"You think? Zack replied sarcastically

Reno chuckled at Zack's remark and passed Jayden back to him. "Well Zack it was fun seeing you. I have to get to work, have fun with your kid." and with that the red head was out the door leaving Zack alone with the baby once again.

"Well that was interesting." Zack muttered to himself, he then look at his little bundle of joy. "Do you want some breakfast little one?" the baby cooed which made Zack laugh. With that Zack went off to his room to grab the basket and brought into the small kitchen and gently placed Jayden into it.

Soon Jayden became fussy though, "buddy something's in life aren't always fair, but they repay you in the end," remarked Zack. This made Jayden stop fussing, which made Zack happy at the fact he was able to make his baby calm. With that, Zack started on breakfast for the both of them.

Zack first made Jayden his breakfast, he grabbed a bottle a measuring spoon and a canister of formula, and he filled the bottle with two scoops of the powder, turned the tap on to warm, and filled the bottle up to the top and gave it a couple shakes to bring the liquid and powder together. He then looked down at his son who was looking around at his new surroundings he seem very interested in the things he saw in the kitchen.

"*whistle* Jayden you here buddy?" Zack teased, Jayden then looked up at his Father who was holding a bottle. "I see I have gotten your attention" the baby giggled which made Zack smile. "Okay let's get some food in your belly" he said gleefully, picked the baby up, and moved into the living room to sit on the couch.

Jayden started to look around again as he was being fed, Zack found it very interesting how curious his son was but it wasn't surprising to him. Most babies were like this, of what he knew about babies anyway. Jayden looked up to meet his Father's eyes, which made the baby smile. Zack couldn't help but smile back and his chest felt very warm in that moment of peace and quiet.

Right after the two had breakfast, Zack started to think about what he needed to do today, but had nothing. He looked down at Jayden who was happy and content. Zack wanted to go somewhere but did not know where they should go… Until it clicked, "I can show you off in the Building, yeah we can do that!" Zack said triumphantly and quickly got himself and Jayden dressed, grabbed the basket, and the two were off to the upper levels of the building.

XXXXX

Angeal took a sip of his morning coffee; it was just the thing that he needed to start the day. He was currently talking to his closest friends; Genesis and Sephiroth. It was a routine for them; they would get coffee, (or in Genesis case dumbapple tea), and if one of them was on a mission then the other two would catch the other up on what happened in ShinRa. It was a way to pass the time before they went back to their offices and start working on paperwork or train others.

"How is Zack, Angeal?" Sephiroth asked. "I have not seen him lately."

"He's fine, however he's on leave for a couple of weeks." replied Angeal nervously.

"What?" genesis said disbelievingly.

"I said he's on leave Genesis." Angeal sighed.

"Why?" asked Sephiroth

"Because, he needs time to adjust."

"Adjust to what?" Genesis arched an eyebrow. "What did your puppy do this time?"

"A baby." Angeal mumbled.

"A baby?" Sephiroth and Genesis blinked. If it had been anyone other than Angeal who said that then they, (mostly Genesis), would laugh in the person's face. However Angeal never made jokes like that.

"So let me get this straight," Genesis looked at his friend in the eye. "Your puppy has a baby, like an actual child."

"That's right Gen." Angeal sighed once again, he should have expected that from him. "Zack has a kid."

"When did this happen? Sephiroth asked, he never would have thought the puppy would a father already.

"I would say a year ago give or take." He shrugged.

"Have you seen the child Angeal?" asked Sephiroth.

"Yes I did, and the baby has his Father's looks."

"The puppy is way too young…" Genesis pondered.

"I agree," replied Sephiroth.

"You want to know something guys" Angeal asked brightly.

"What?" the two said in unison

"He already has a knack for parenting." Angeal finished the last of his coffee and stood up from his chair. "I think he'll be alright."And with that Angeal left the two alone to ponder their thoughts on Zack's new job as a parent.

XXXXX

As soon as Zack arrived at the ShinRa Building he had every secretary who worked there oh-ing and ah-ing at his son.

"Ah, Zack he's so cute!" exclaimed one Woman.

"Yes, oh so cute!" remarked another woman.

"Well thanks!" Zack replied happily

"He looks just like you!" one girl squealed gleefully

Zack started to laugh, "Yeah, I've been getting that a lot."

Jayden started to feel a bit over whelmed with all of the attention that he started to cry. Zack bent down to see what is wrong but he was shoved out of the way by the women.

"Sweetie, are you all right!" one woman remarked

"Don't cry." one said gently

"Don't worry we'll take care of you!" another shouted

However, this only made Jayden even more scared and upset which made him cry louder. Zack looked at his son who looked very unhappy from all of the attention he was getting. It seemed that Jayden is still not used to the attention of all these strangers. Zack then quickly replied "I think we should get going." each woman turned their head at him with what seemed like a frown.

"Ah so soon?" one of the secretaries said.

"He needs rest." Zack explained, hoping to get away from them. "It's almost his nap time."

"Well alright but promise that we can play with him soon." The youngest of the secretaries pouted.

"I'll try." Zack almost sighed but kepted it in. "Now if you please…"

The secretaries looked like they were deeply sad to leave Jayden. But each stood up and were off back to work as if what had just happened never happened. Zack just shook his head and looked down at his baby boy "they were scary weren't they?" Zack looked down and saw Jayden calming down, with the attention gone. He bent down and wiped a tear still hanging on the corner of Jayden's eye concerned for his baby's well being. The baby whimpered in reply, "I'll take that as a yes." he said sadly.

He then picked his baby up and held him close to his chest, Jayden whimpered again, "I know buddy." Zack said softly and kissed him on the forehead. Once again, the two were off to the rec. area.

Once they were at the rec. area the two could relax "woo, man I'm getting beat!" Zack stated tiredly. 'I'm starting to feel like an old man and I'm only 19!' he thought to himself and sat on the couch with Jayden still in his arms he looked around to see no else sitting in the area.

He looked down at the child in his arms once again looking around with curious little eyes "such a curious child" he sighed. He then inside Jayden's diaper bag to find a children's book that Angeal gave him yesterday.

"Huh, I wonder what book Angeal got for you?" he pondered as he unwrapped the book from its wrap and read the title The Lorax. "Huh, what do you think Jayden?" Jayden giggled in response, Zack smiled in response plopped down onto the couch and started to read to his little boy.

After reading to Jayden, Zack noticed that he fell asleep; he smiled down at the boy who was sleeping quietly in his arms. Zack there wasn't much left to do in the rec. room now that Jayden was asleep. So He placed Jayden in his basket and headed towards the lower level of the building where the apartments were. On the way there he bumped into two very familiar figures.

"Hey guys!" Zack waved at his superiors/ friends.

"Hello" Sephiroth replied

"Yes, hello Fair." Genesis greeted.

Sephiroth then looked down at the bundle in Zack's arms "And who is this?" Sephiroth asked placidly.

"My son Jayden, sir." Zack stated nervously

"So Angeal was telling the truth." Genesis mused. "It seems the puppy had a puppy of his own."Genesis looked at the sleeping boy in the basket. It's been a long time since something so innocent passed through these halls. Even though he hated children, he would tolerate Fair's kid for the puppy and Angeal's sake. "May I hold him?" asked Genesis.

"Yes, you may." he answered nervously and handed Jayden over to the auburn haired man who took him gently.

Genesis took quick notice to the baby's features "He looks just like you." he replied. Genesis watched as Jayden opened his eyes and looked at him with a curious and innocent expression. 'like father like son.'

"Yeah, I guess my genes are strong." Zack smiled.

"Do you want to hold him Seph?" Genesis asked the silver haired man. Sephiroth politely declined. He had never seen a child that small and he feared that his strength would only hurt him.

"We should get going Genesis."

"We really should, anyway he is a very beautiful little boy." Genesis stated

"Thank you."

"You are very welcome." He replied and handed the baby back.

Zack looked at each man and bid his farewells as the two men went off Zack could not help but let out a breath. "Woo, that was certainly nerve racking." he stated and looked down at his son who was looking at his father with an innocent expression. "Okay buddy, let's go home." The two were off again to the apartment.

As the two entered the apartment Zack noticed the comfy couch and walked a bit quicker and sat himself down to enjoy the peace and quiet and comfieness of the couch.

Soon after the peace and quiet came to a halt by the soft cries of the baby in his arms he looked down to see that his baby was hungry from the way he was trying to suck on his thumb. "I see someone is hungry?" Zack stated teasingly and sat Jayden down into the basket, the baby then started to cry. "Buddy I'll only be gone for a second." and came back with a bottle at hand he looked down at his child who's cries got louder, "I'm right here buddy." Zack stated he looked at his son, he picked him up and started rocking him back and forth like Aerith taught him. Jayden soon stopped crying.

Zack was puzzled by his child's crying, then started to look at the basket, and noticed a lump. "Now what could that be" Zack asked himself he then took all the blankets out to see what it was and it turned out to be a rattle and a binky he looked at them both puzzled.

'I never bought those' he thought. "Your Mom must have got these for you huh?" Zack asked the baby, the baby cooed in response Zack looked at them both he noticed out of the two the binky was used the most…

'Your Mom must have bought it to keep you quiet for when she couldn't feed you huh?' He looked his baby over sadly, "you know what buddy? I promise you that I will take care of you the very best I can 110% okay. Is that a deal?" Zack asked the little boy. Jayden cooed at him "I thought so" Zack said with a smile on his face.

After feeding Jayden and himself, they were off to bed once again "Okay bath time Jayden!" the baby cooed. Zack quickly got the both of them undressed but Zack put his swimming trunks on, to him it felt weird showering naked with his baby. He quickly washed him and his baby, got out and dried himself and Jayden off. After that, he put a diaper and onies on Jayden and switched his swimming trunks for boxers and the two boys were in bed and asleep like that. *snap*

*Please comment!* =)
Back to top Go down
Jayd10

Jayd10

PostSubject: Re: The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction   The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:07 pm

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters except for Jayden of course =) they belong to Crisis Core Final Fantasy and Square Enix*

Chapter 3

Zack peaked over from the side of one of his hands and looks at Jayden. Jayden looked over to where his father's eye was peaking to see him. But Zack quickly hides his eye from Jayden.

Jayden had a puzzled look on his face. Zack does the same thing again except with his other eye, again Jayden looks over but Zack hides his eye. The baby looked very puzzled but finally Zack laid his attack on Jayden.

"Peek-a-boo!" Zack yelled

Jayden started to giggle, Zack smiled at his baby boy. It had been a week since Zack had received Jayden and he was having a blast! He really got attached to his son. He loved this little boy more than anything he could ever have.

After Jayden calmed down Zack covered his face again and repeated the process.

"Peek-a-boo!"

Jayden giggled once more. This went on for a while until Jayden started to get agitated.

"You hungry Bud?"

Zack picked up Jayden from the floor and carried him to the kitchen. Zack then started to make him a bottle. After finishing his work in the kitchen he sat on couch and began to feed his baby boy.

Zack looked down at his son who was sucking on the bottle gently "Okay Buddy what do you want to do today?" He asked.

The baby let go of the bottle and cooed, Zack chuckled at his little boy's response. "You are so funny little one! How about we go to the park?" He looked at Jayden "what do you think buddy?" The baby then giggled. "I'll take that as a yes!" Zack smirked.

Zack then made a mad dash to his bedroom to get himself and Jayden ready. Zack slipped on a dark green T-shirt and a pair of old jeans, and for Jayden he put a light blue onesy and a pair of overalls on him. Zack made sure to grab the basket and were off to the slums.

x-x

Though the slums were covered in trash and waste or didn't show the beautiful sky it still had a feeling of home to some.

As Zack and Jayden walked into the slums he noticed a couple of shops. A teddy bear caught his eye, it looked practically new. It was brown with a red ribbon around its neck and the bear was a bit smaller than Jayden.

"Hey, how much is the teddy bear?" Zack asked with a grin

"50 gil straight." Replied the clerk

Zack handed the clerk 50 gil straight "I'll take it!"

"Thank you for the business"

"My pleasure!'

Zack then walked away from the shop and looked at Jayden "look what I got you buddy!" Jayden looked at the bear, touched its fur and giggled. "Is the bear funny Jayden?" He looked at Jayden with a crooked smile the baby giggled again "I'm funny too I see." Zack laughed as he walked over to the park.

As Zack walked into the park he took a quick scan of the place. He made sure nothing was out of the ordinary, but he only saw children playing in the swings. After seeing this Zack sat down on a bench with his baby boy and started to play with him by letting Jayden play with his fingers. Zack smiled at his son's innocence.

He then took on the scenery the park was surrounded by junk but still had playground equipment for kids to play on like a slide and a sandbox. It was definitely not a park above the slums, but it was still pretty in its own way.

Zack then looked down to see Jayden was trying to bend his fingers, so he bent them for him. This gave Jayden a look of astonishment and wonder. Zack did it again and got the same look with a big bright smile. "You're so adorable!" He smiled down at the little boy "You're my little adventurer aren't you?" This made Jayden smile even bigger and giggle, Zack then continued the act for a while longer until Jayden got bored of it.

Zack was starting to get bored too, until he got an idea. "Hey buddy do you want to go see Aerith?" Jayden cooed "good enough for me!" Zack then got up and started walking out of the park toward the church.

Right before Zack was even in close proximity of the church three girls quickly ran in front of him.

"Hi Zack!" One of the girls greeted.

"Hello."

"Did you finally give your baby a name?" asked another.

"Yeah, did you? Did you?" the third asked eagerly.

"Yep I did! Do you want to know his name?" Zack asked the eager little girls.

"Yes!" All three answered in unison.

"Okay calm down. His name is Jayden Zackary Fair." Zack said with a smile.

"That's so cute!" The girls answered in unison again.

"Thank you girls, but I have to go and meet Aerith okay?"

"Okay." The girls replied and ran off to the park as Zack walked toward the church.

As Zack walked into the church he noticed Aerith's back was towards him. "Jayden we have an opportunity that will never come again let's take it for what it's worth buddy!" Jayden giggled quietly as Zack snuck quietly behind Aerith. Zack then whispered into her ear "Boo." Aerith then quickly turns around to see Zack and Jayden.

"Zack, don't scare me like that!" Aerith scolded

"Sorry." Zack mumbled.

"It's alright," Aerith let out a small sigh before setting her eyes on Jayden. " Hey cutie!"

Jayden giggled at Aerith's praising toward him "May I hold him Zack?" Aerith replied eagerly.

"Of course," Zack then handed Jayden over to Aerith.

Aerith looked into the baby's eyes and from what she could see was that he was a very happy curious child.

"Such a sweetheart." Aerith said to herself.

As Aerith was, holding Jayden Zack took notice to the flowers and smiled "The flowers are so pretty."

"Thank you" Aerith replied.

"You're welcome" Zack then picked a flower and gave it to Aerith.

"T-thank you Zack" Aerith blushed

Zack grinned, picked another one, and showed it to Jayden. The baby giggled but started to breathe a little heavy.

"Zack is Jayden sick?" Aerith asked worried.

"No," Zack put down the flower and looked down at his son worriedly. "Why?"

"Jayden's breathing heavy, and I think he's starting to wheeze" Aerith replied nervously

"Aerith I think we need to go to the hospital!" Zack could hear Jayden struggling to breathe normally.

"Okay… Zack I can barely hear him breathe!" Aerith declared.

Zack heard panic in her voice.

"Come on let's go!" Zack replied, his heart wouldn't stop pounding.

Zack and Aerith arrived at the local clinic of the slums. The clinic was run by doctors who volunteered from above the plate or students from med school. It would take too long to make it to a hospital above the Plate. Both were scared out of their minds for Jayden. Each second Jayden's breathing got heavier, Zack started to pray to every deity he knew.

'Goddess, please don't let my boy die on me.' Zack thought in his head. 'I love him so much.'

Aerith saw the tears streak down Zack's cheeks but she didn't pay much attention to that. They needed to find a doctor soon.

It was a slow day in the clinic, most of the patients were just children or elderly needing a check-up. No one expected to see two young adult running in the clinic with a baby in their arms.

He quickly ran to the front desk of the reception room. "Please help me my baby is barely breathing I need a Doctor!"

"Calm down sir," The nurse said. "We'll get a Doctor for you okay? Just come with me." The nurse replied calmly

"O-okay." Zack managed to say through his tears. He has never felt such fears before, not even on that king behemoth mission last month he went with Angeal. This was something else.

"Z-Zack can I come please…" Aerith asked.

Aerith didn't know what to do either. She started to pray to the planet to protect the child. She wanted both Zack and Jayden to be alright.

"Yes, please come," Zack mumbled. "I need you."

The nurse led them into a room and a Doctor came in very quickly. The doctor was in his early fifties at least. He had short gray hair and brown eyes. He looked at couple at the child in Zack's arms, "Okay what seems to be the problem here?" Zack looked at him.

"My son, he's not breathing please help me!" Zack cried

"Calm down, let me take a look at him." Replied the doctor

Zack passed Jayden to the man, who laid him on the table, put the ear buds of his stethoscope in his ears, took the baby's overall's and onesy off, and put the stethoscope on Jayden's chest. The doctor frowned, "he's having an asthma attack, were going to have to move him into a room at once."

"Can we come too?" Zack asked tearfully.

"Of course, now let's go." The doctor replied

The nurse then picked Jayden up and led the couple down the hall where a couple of rooms filled with all the necessary equipment. The clinic didn't have much but in case of emergencies they have the bare minimal. If the case was severe and there were high chances then they would send the patients to a hospital above the Plate. The nurse led them to the last room on the left. She laid Jayden into the crib and put a small oxygen mask on his face.

"This should help him to breathe normally again okay?" the nurse explained.

"Okay"

As soon as the nurse left Zack burst into tears he cried hard. He then walked over to the crib; Jayden had fallen asleep but was struggling to breathe. "Buddy you can do this, please don't die on me…." Even with the short amount of time he felt so attached to the boy. "Please I love you…." Zack pleaded and was crying more than ever. Zack then placed his hand on the little boy's cheek and stroked it.

Awhile later the doctor came in, he checked on the monitors. He took out his stethoscope and check Jayden's lungs.

"how's he doing Doc?" Zack asked.

"He's still struggling" the doctor replied. "However he is getting better. We'll just give it a bit more time, he should be breathing normally soon."

"Okay…" it wasn't the best news but it was still good news.

The doctor then left the three of them alone, Zack looked at his son and tears started to flow even more "You're going to be alright." Zack whispered and kissed his fingers and placed them on Jayden's cheek, he then sat down and placed his face in his hands.

"I'm sorry." Aerith whispered and hugged Zack close

"It's not your fault Aerith you have nothing to be sorry about." Zack answered and hugged her back.

"Somehow, I feel like it's my fault," replied Aerith.

"It's not," Zack shook his head. "Don't worry, and let's just pray that he'll be fine, okay?"

"Okay" Aerith replied

The two then held each other and prayed that Jayden was fine and was going to be able to go home. After a long while, the doctor then came back and checked Jayden's breathing.

"His breathing is returning back to normal," the doctor announced

"It is?" Aerith and Zack asked in unison

"Yes, it seems that he had an allergic reaction to some pollen." the doctor answered.

'Pollen?' Zack thought, until it hit him. The flower. Zack then started to cry again "This is all my fault…"

"Son, you didn't know. This isn't your fault" the doctor sighed.

"He could have died though! I could have killed my baby boy!" he wailed

"Son, it difficult to detect asthma in an infant." The doctor explained, trying to calm Zack down. "Even for us doctors it is difficult to tell sometimes."

Aerith then pulled Zack into a hug and cried, after a few moments Zack calmed down enough to stop crying he sat down and placed his face in his hands again.

"I think you need to be with someone for a little bit" the doctor then picked Jayden up gently and handed him to Zack who took him without a doubt.

Jayden started to stir in his arms, woke up and started to cry until he saw who was holding him.

"Hi little one…" Zack smiled with tears in his eyes.

"Zack…." Aerith said

"I'm so sorry buddy!" Zack cried out, tears started to sprout from the young man's eyes once again and held the baby close to his chest.

The baby looked up at his father and saw the pain, sadness, and fear in his eyes and tears started to form in his eyes as well. The two cried for a good ten minutes then calmed down.

"Okay since the two of you calmed down can I ask you a couple questions if you don't mind?" The doctor asked

"Shoot…"

"Do you have a family history of asthma?" the doctor asked

"No."

"Do you have any nasal allergies?" asked the doctor

"No."

The doctor wrote this all down "does the mother have a family history of asthma?"

"I don't know"

The doctor then raised an eyebrow and looked at Aerith "Isn't she the mother?"

"No." Zack stated

The doctor then looked confused "Let's go on, does the mother have a history of nasal allergies?"

"I don't know."

As the doctor wrote this all down Zack then asked, "Can he grow out of this?"

"Of course he can it's not common but it can happen." The doctor smiled. "However, I need you to keep an eye on him. Take him to his regular doctor or bring him to me is he wheeze or coughs at night. Then we will have to do some test of him."

Zack smiled back "thank you"

"It's my duty as doctor." The doctor then left and the nurse came in with a large piece of paper

"What's that?" Zack asked

"His birth certificate." The nurse smiled

"Where did you get this?" Zack asked quizzically

"This is our only birth certificate that's partially filled out. This child was born in this clinic under another doctor. I recognized the child and brought this to you." the nurse answered

"Oh… okay." Zack answered and took the paper from the nurse he then started to fill out his name then he saw that in the part where the mother was supposed to sign was initialed, Zack then thought 'At least I know her initials "C.B.D.' "He then went back to filling it out, put in Jayden's full name, and handed it back to the nurse.

The nurse then looked the certificate over "ah, what a cute name, I'll be back with a copy for you and then you can go okay. Oh and the doctor wants' you to make an appointment with your local doctor next month on the 15th for a check-up on Jayden, okay?"

"Thank you, okay, and why the 15th?" Zack asked confused

"Because that's when your baby turns 4 months old." The nurse stated

"Oh, thank you." Zack answered stunned, the nurse then left

"What's wrong Zack?" Aerith asked concerned

"Well from doing the math I now know Jayden's birthday now." Zack smiled

"Really, when is it?" Aerith asked

"December 15th"

"Oh wow, not too long ago then" Aerith replied

"Nope not at all"

The nurse then came back with a copy of the birth certificate and an appointment card "here you are, you are free to go." the nurse smiled.

"Thank you for everything." Zack replied

"It's our duty, sir." The nurse answered

Zack and Aerith then both exited the hospital "can I walk you to the train?" Aerith asked shyly. It has been a really exhausting day for both of them emotionally.

"Of course" Zack answered with a smile. The couple then walked on to the train.

"Bye Zack, Bye Jayden" Aerith said and kissed each boy on the cheek

"Bye" Zack kissed her cheek as well and made her blush he smiled and hopped into the train that was going to the top plate of Midgar.

While on the train Zack took in all of the scenery, he was seeing "so beautiful…." He then looked down at Jayden he sighed, "I'm sorry that happened buddy it won't happen again, okay?" Jayden smiled at his father and Zack smiled back.

As soon as they were back on the top plate, Zack quickly leaped out of the train and headed home until he bumped once again into Angeal.

"Puppy you really need to watch where you're going." Angeal stated then looked down in the basket to see Jayden "Hey, there little one. I got something for you." Angeal then handed Zack a rapped up book.

"Thank you Angeal" Zack then placed the book in the diaper bag. "I swear you're turning into a doting Grandfather!" Zack laughed

"Hey! I'm not that old!" Angeal then punched Zack in the arm "If anything I'm the doting Uncle!"

"Yeah I can see that!" Zack then whispered "Grandpa Angeal."

"I heard that!" Angeal then looked at his watch "I need to be heading home…"

"Us too, do you want to walk with us Angeal?"

"Of course I will." Angeal then started walking to the ShinRa building with Zack and the baby.

As the four walked to the ShinRa Building Angeal couldn't help but ask. "Zack when did you have time to have sex when I was training you?"

Zack blushed and frowned "I don't know I just did…"

"I'm guessing this was just a fling?" Angeal asked questionably

"Yes, it was." It was really embarrassing to talk about this to the man you looked up as a second father.

"Hmm, next time slip on a condom." Angeal asked disapprovingly

"Y-yes sir." Zack stammered

They finally were at the building entrance and went inside together "you know Zack, I think your actually growing-up a bit" Angeal teased

"What's that supposed to mean!" Zack asked shocked by his mentor's words

"What I mean is that Jayden is making you become a man." Angeal then walked off to go to his home.

"You mean I was never a man!" Zack yelled surprised by his mentor's words "I don't get him sometimes "he sighed and looked at Jayden "let's go home bud." the baby cooed and they both headed home.

As soon as the two were home, Zack headed for the kitchen and got Jayden a bottle and himself a sandwich. He then headed for the couch and started to feed Jayden and himself. He looked down at Jayden and saw how fast he was eating the bottle "Jayden slow down." The baby listened and slowed down his eating. Zack sighed tired.

As soon as the two were done, eating Zack got himself and Jayden ready for bed. He laid a sleeping Jayden in the new bassinet, and looked at him. "I'm sorry for what happened today buddy, it won't happen again." He then kissed the child on the cheek and headed for his bed and turned the light off. But soon enough Jayden was crying wanting his daddy. Zack smiled knowing what Jayden wanted, he then went over to the child and picked him up and laid him in his bed. "I missed you too little one." He then kissed Jayden on the cheek and Jayden nuzzled Zack's chest and the two drifted off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Jayd10

Jayd10

PostSubject: Re: The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction   The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:08 pm

*Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Jayden! Owned by Square Enix and Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII*

Chapter 4

Zack looked at his beeping alarm clock and thought 'I don't want to get up! I want to stay home with Jayden...' He looked at Jayden who was lying on his chest. "You've gotten so big in only five months." It was true, Jayden had gotten bigger, heavier, and his hair was longer too. Zack just stared at him while he slept and smiled but he had to get up.

Zack laid Jayden in the bassinet gently then proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for work.

Meanwhile at the upper levels of ShinRa building "Reno, Rude you have an assignment today." Tseng said with a smirk.

"And what would that be yo?" Reno asked raising a brow

"You two are babysitting Jayden" Tseng replied blandly

"What!" The two said in unison

"Yes, you have been avoiding this task since Zack came back to work, so now it's your turn." Tseng smiled.

"I don't believe you yo!"

"Believe me; a First has even babysat him."

"Who yo?" Reno asked placidly.

"Angeal, he has babysat the most. Now head on down to Zack's apartment and be good." Tseng then shooed them away.

"I don't like this one bit, yo." Reno sighed

"We'll just have to survive." Rude muttered

Back at Zack's place, Jayden had just woken up. "Jayden guess what? You get a bath!" Zack announced to his son. The baby giggled and Zack picked him up and started to get him undressed. "Okay time to get you in the water" Zack smiled. Zack then walked into the bathroom and placed Jayden into the bathtub. "Kay let's get your hair wet and washed buddy."

Zack then sat down, put baby shampoo into his hand, and put into his little boy's hair. Jayden giggled and started to splash the water. Zack laughed "my little adventurer," he then began to rinse the shampoo out of Jayden's hair. Once that was done, Zack washed his body and rinsed him. "Looks like your all done buddy." Zack then grabbed a towel, took Jayden out, and dried him off.

After being cleaned and dressed, Zack and Jayden walked over to the kitchen to make breakfast. During breakfast he was wondering who will watch over Jayden this time. He knew that Angeal had a mission today and Genesis would never watch Jayden, so that just left with one of the Turks. So who would it be today?

x-x

"Rude are we going to survive?" Reno asked scared of what was to happen next as they walked to Zack's apartment.

"I hope so…"

"This is going to be a long day yo." Reno said as he lowered his head in defeat.

Rude nodded in agreement.

"When did life get so hard?" the redhead glared.

"When life started," Rude replied sarcastically

Reno punches him in the arm, "Shut up yo!"

"Why did I even say anything…. He's always crabby if he doesn't have coffee." Rude muttered.

Anybody else who was looking at the two thought they were going to their execution rather than a babysitting job. However, little they knew how wrong they were. Reno and Rude soon were in front of Zack's apartment and scared for the task they had to face.

"Rude I'm scared yo." Reno stated nervously

"I know I am too." Rude replied

"Let's get this over with." The redhead sighed and knocked on the door

x-x

"Buzz! Buzz! Here comes the airship!" Zack puts the spoon full of mashed carrots in front of Jayden's mouth, "open up buddy, you need to let the airship land." Zack chuckled. So Jayden opened up and let the mashed carrots in his mouth. "Good boy." Zack praised and Jayden giggled. Zack soon finished feeding him the carrots and took him out of the highchair. Zack smiled at his child and asked him "Jayden do you want to play for a little while?" Jayden replied with a giggle. "I'll take that as a yes." Zack then started to play Jayden's favorite game with him peek-a-boo.

Zack heard the knock and smiled "that must be the babysitter, I wonder who it is?" Zack asked himself aloud, scooped Jayden up into his arm, and walked toward the door. He opened the door to reveal Reno and Rude. "H-hey guys you babysitting?" Zack asked nervously.

"Yep, were the babysitters yo." Reno replied and walked into the apartment and looked around.

"Hmm…" Rude grunted and went inside.

"Well make yourselves at home, I left you a note of things that Jayden will need later, I guess that's it… Oh! Right Jayden is teething so he might get cranky and cry so just give him this and he should be fine." Zack showed them the teething ring and handed it to Rude.

Zack looked down at his son and smiled "I'll see you later okay?" Zack then handed him to Reno who held him awkwardly, and Jayden started to cry not wanting his daddy to leave. Zack felt bad leaving his child but he needed to leave. Zack looked at Jayden then took him back into his arms

"Jayden I'll be home before you know it bud" Zack then hugged the little boy close to his heart. "Don't cry little one, it's only for a short time." Jayden calmed down and Zack kissed him on the forehead and whispered into the baby's ear "I love you buddy, be good okay?" Zack then kissed Jayden's cheek and handed him back to Reno who was wide eyed over the scene he just saw. "I'll see you guy's later." Zack smiled and closed the door behind him.

Reno was still astonished over the scene and looked at Rude.

"Did I see what I think I saw? Yo." Reno asked puzzled.

"Yep, he must really be attached to the little guy." Rude replied dryly.

"I guess so." Reno replied with a smirk and looked down at Jayden "You know you really are a spitting image of your dad yo." Reno smiled Jayden gave the Turk a small smile.

"Hey, I got the note." Rude announced.

"Really what does it say? Yo."

'Hey since you probably didn't have coffee I made coffee, and help yourself to the fridge if you're hungry. Jayden eats lunch around 1:00pm there baby food in the pantry or make him a bottle. He takes a nap after lunch just place him in the bassinet but if he cries just pick him and rock him or lay down with him on the couch. He is teething so he might be fussier than usual okay. Oh, if he gets bored just play peek-a-boo or patty cake with him okay. Have fun!

– Zack

"Doesn't sound too hard yo." Reno replied concededly.

Oh but Reno was very wrong...

"Why won't you stop crying yo? Why!" Reno asked the child before sitting floor. However, Jayden only cried harder.

"Maybe he needs his diaper needs to be changed?" Rude suggested. Reno looked at Rude with a horrified look.

"He—" Reno caught himself before he could say anything else. "Heck no! That's your job yo!"

Reno then passes Jayden to Rude.

"Fine you wimp" Rude snickered at his partner.

"Hand me a diaper and wipes." Rude asked and Reno passed them to him and Rude got to work.

"Oh Gaia! This is horrible! How does Zack deal with this?" Rude asked sick to his stomach from what he was seeing and smelling.

"Who's the wimp now yo?" Reno smirked.

"Shut it." Rude grimaced. "Or I'll make you do this next time."

Reno wisely shut up after that.

Rude finished his work and then said tiredly "The deed has been done…"

"Oh good I thought you would just sit here forever trying to finish yo." Reno snickered and took the now less cranky Jayden.

"What shall we do now?" Rude asked

"Well it's 1:00 we need to get him lunch, yo" Reno answered

"Then nap time?" Rude answered

"Yep, I'll make him a bottle yo." Reno then got up with Jayden in his arms and headed to the kitchen.

"I hope he doesn't die in there" Rude thought aloud and sat in Zack's loveseat, meanwhile in the kitchen.

"Okay so two scoops of powder for 6oz. of warm water, that doesn't sound bad…" Reno then put two scoops of powder into the bottle of warm water and began to shake it.

Then Reno's stomach growled "Hmm, I'm hungry too I guess." Reno then put the bottle down grabbed some bread, cheese, ham, mustard, lettuce, and tomato and made a sandwich. He placed it into the pizza oven that was on the counter and turned the dial on.

"That should be done when you're done eating yo." Reno then grabbed the bottle and left for the kitchen to the living room.

Reno plopped down on the couch and began to feed Jayden who as he ate the bottle began to drift off to sleep which made Reno sleepy.

"You look sleepy." Rude smirked.

"Yeah maybe I'll lie down." Reno then lay on the couch and laid the sleepy baby on his chest.

"Ah isn't that cute" Rude smirked

"Shut it were trying to sleep yo." Reno then put his arms around Jayden and they both fell asleep instantly.

"Oh this is blackmail gold!" Rude stated triumphantly, got out his camera, and started taking pictures of the cute moment. "Done, I'll just print these pictures out while theses two are napping." Rude then walked into Zack's room and went to his computer to print the pictures out. "These are going up in the lounge!" Rude snickered

*An hour later* Reno woke up to a crying Jayden and smoke. "Hey calm down yo, the smoke won't kill ya." Reno then remembered that Jayden had asthma, that and Zack and Angeal would murder him if something happened to Jayden. He hugged the kid close and went off to find Rude.

"Rude where are you? I can't see with all this smoke yo." Reno then bumped into Rude and knocked his shades off.

"Watch where you're going." Rude stated coldly.

"Sorry, here take him I need to see were the smoke is coming from yo" Reno then passed Jayden to Rude and turned his direction to the kitchen and stepped on Rude's shades in the process.

"Reno!" Rude yelled then shook his head and took out a new pair. "This is why you always have an extra set of everything bud." Rude sighed toward the child who just giggled in reply.

Reno went and found the source of the smoke "Crap! I forgot about the sandwich…" Reno sighed and looked at the pizza oven. "Please Gaia don't let Zack know I almost set his apartment on fire yo." Reno then opened the small oven to reveal huge flames! "Oh crap yo!" Reno then ran for the sink for a bowl of water and threw it at the flames. Which were out immediately after being doused with water.

"Thank Gaia I got that out yo." Reno thought aloud but then he started to smell something funky.

"What is that smell?" Reno then looked to see his rattail was burning. "Oh Goddess!" Reno then ran to the sink turned the water on and doused his head in the water.

"What's going on? You keep on screaming." Rude asked concerned.

"I just burned off my rattail." Reno frowned

"Didn't that took you forever to grow out?" Rude laughed

"It took me ages yo!" Reno looked like he was about to cry.

"Reno you can grow another one." Rude sighed, "Come on I'll clean this up you play with Jayden."

"Okay yo…." Reno frowned, took Jayden, left for the living room, and sat on the floor.

"He acts like a child himself sometimes…" Rude smiles and started to clean up the mess.

"Come on lets play a game yo." Reno placed Jayden on the carpet and started to play peek-a-boo with him.

"Peek-a-boo yo!" Jayden giggled

Reno did it again "Peek-a-boo yo!" Jayden giggled more this went on for ten minutes but then Jayden began to cry and tears were streaming down his face as he touched his cheeks.

"What's wrong yo?" Reno looked at Jayden then remembered he was teething.

"Hey I got something for you yo." Reno smiled and handed the baby the teething ring and immediately took it and put it in his mouth.

"Feel better soon little one. Okay yo?" Reno then took Jayden in his arms and hugged him, Reno was starting to see why Zack was so attached to the kid he was a sweetheart.

"All done Reno." Rude then looked to see another sweet moment between Reno and Jayden. "I see Zack isn't the only one attached to the kid?" Rude smirked.

"Shut it yo, were having a moment, and you ruined it." Reno blushed still holding the baby close.

"You know Reno you may act cold but you really are a nice guy." Rude smiled.

"Be quiet." Reno clutched Jayden closer then they heard the door open.

"Hey guys I'm back!" Zack smiled he then saw Reno hugging Jayden

"Awe, how sweet!" Zack gushed

Reno blushed and got up and handed Jayden to his Father. "Here Zack take him please." Reno sighed then whispered in his ear "Zack that kid is really special yo, a real sweet heart. Keep on raising him the way you're raising him yo." Reno smiled at Zack who smiled back.

"I will thank you." Zack kissed his baby's cheek and held him close he then heard an unfamiliar voice.

"Dada"

The three looked around to find the source but could not find anything then they heard it again.

"Dada"

Zack then looked down at Jayden and saw the baby's lips moving and his voice coming out.

"Dada" Jayden smiled at his father

"Jayden, you said your first word!" Zack cheered and started to cry from hearing his son call him dada.

"Well all be" Rude smiled.

"Such a sweetheart, just like his father yo." Reno muttered with a smile.

"I'm so proud of you buddy! I love you." Zack then hugged his child close to his heart as he smiled and cried out of joy.

"Reno we better go and leave these two alone." Rude smiled

"Yeah yo, hey Zack we gotta go see you later okay yo." The Turk smiled.

"Okay bye guys," Zack smiled as the two Turks left.

Zack looked down at his son and smiled brightly "You make me so proud little one, I'm glad you're in my life." Zack kissed Jayden on the cheek "Come on let's get some dinner and go to bed buddy." Zack then headed into the kitchen and got him and Jayden dinner.

"Wow that was torture but worth yo," Reno smiled

"I see you made a new friend?" Rude smirked

"Yeah I did actually" Reno exclaimed

"Good, glad to know that babysitting wasn't all that bad men." Tseng smirked

"Yeah….well… I." Reno stammered

"Reno admit you had fun with him didn't you?" Tseng smiled

"Yeah…" Reno replied with a small smile

"I thought so, oh and nice photos." Tseng smirked.

"What photos?" Reno asked nervously

"The ones in the lounge." Tseng answered concerned over the redhead

Reno then ran into the lounge to find all the Turks gawking at photos of him and Jayden taking a nap together. Reno began to blush, that is when all the surrounding Turks turned around and started to say how cute it was and giggled. The rest of the men were laughing at his expense. Reno blushed even more then started to scream, "Rude I'm going to kill you!" When Rude heard this he ran and hid away but Reno found him and punched him.

"Why would you do that yo?"

"Blackmail" Rude smirked

"Blackmail for what!" Reno yelled

"For all the times you broke my shades!" Rude yelled back and left.

"Whatever yo." Reno then grabbed a photo and looked and he just smiled.

"Aw, Jayden did you take a nap with Uncle Reno?" Zack smiled down at his son, as he was getting ready for bed the baby cooed and Zack smiled.

"You had fun torturing them huh?" Zack asked his child as he picked him up and placed him on the bed next to him. The baby giggled in reply "I'll take that as a yes." Zack smiled and kissed his son on the cheek "I love you buddy" Zack pulled him close and whispered in Jayden's ear "No matter how much you grow up you'll always be my little boy, okay." Zack smiled and kissed him on the cheek again and they both closed their eyes and went to sleep.

XXX

Reno: Why would you do all that stuff to me! You tortured me more than Rude!

Me: Because I love you! =3

Reno: *blushes* Oh okay…

Me: *smiles*
Back to top Go down
Jayd10

Jayd10

PostSubject: Re: The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction   The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction EmptyFri May 04, 2012 7:10 pm

*Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters except for Jayden! =) they belong to Square Enix and Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII*

Chapter 5

"Jayden come on clap for daddy, clap for daddy." Zack cheered on for his son happy that he finally got a day-off to spend time with Jayden.

Jayden looked at his hands quizzically and then looked at his Father. Zack smiled at him "Come on you can do it!" He cheered again and showed Jayden what to do again with his hands.

Jayden looked at Zack with a puzzled look and looked at his hands again then at him.

"Hmm, you're not getting it, here how about this?" Zack then picked Jayden up and put him in his lap. He then grasped Jayden's hands and brought them together to make a sound. Jayden immediately smiled at this. "Okay now you try it on your own." Zack smiled and put the baby back on the carpet in front of him.

Jayden then brought his hands together to clap. "Dada," Jayden cheered.

"You did it! Good for you!" Zack smiled at his little boy and brought him into his arms "I'm so proud of you." Zack then felt Jayden nuzzle his chest, Zack just smiled.

That is when Zack's PHS start's to ring. Zack groans not wanting to answer, he wanted to be with his son, but Zack answered. "Hello, Zack speaking."

"Hello Zack, its Lazard." Lazard spoke calmly

"Hello director," Zack replied. Wondering why the director would call him on his day off.

"I wish to speak with you."

"Okay, can I bring Jayden?" Zack lit up hoping to bring Jayden along.

"Of course you can."

"Thank you sir, see you in a minute." Zack then hung up and smiled

"Jayden were going to see the Director okay?" He smiled at Jayden and Jayden smiled back and Zack quickly ran to his room got dressed properly and exited his apartment with Jayden in the basket and were off to see Lazard.

XXX

Zack started to wander around the building trying to find the Directors office but Zack just got lost.

"How am I lost in this place? I've worked here too long to be lost." Zack complained

"Ohm." Lazard grunted.

Zack turned around to see Lazard looking at him with a smirk.

"I see you got lost, again?" He smirked

"Y-yeah…." Zack answered nervously and rubbed the back of his head

"Come in Zack, what we need to discuss is very important." Lazard smiled and walked into his office.

"Okay," Zack replied and followed.

Lazard sat in his desk "Zack please take a seat," he smiled.

Zack sat down and became a bit nervous. "So what do you want to talk about?"

"I want to talk about Jayden's mother it's about time you knew who she was." Lazard smiled

"Really?" Zack asked with a sigh of relief

"Yes, now let's get started." Lazard took out some papers and started to read them.

"This is only the basic information," he then took a look at the papers and went on. "Her name is Ceicela B. Delano."

"Oh wow she has a pretty name," Zack smiled.

"Yes, may I continue?" Lazard asked.

"Yes please," Zack lowered his feeling bad for interrupting the Director.

"To continue she has brown hair, blue-green eyes, and she's..."

Zack then thinks 'Crap, I think I might have robbed the cradle…' He then looked down at his son who was looking up at him, from what Zack had heard about Jayden's mother Jayden did not look like his mother at all.

"And she ran a small shop in the slums," Lazard went on.

"Do you have a photo of her?" Zack asked shyly.

"I'm sorry but I don't." Lazard shook his head, "We weren't able to find more about her. Not even the Turks have any idea what Miss Delano looks like."

"Okay, thank you sir." Zack then got up.

"Wait, Zack where are you going?" Lazard asked quizzically.

"I'm going to find her," Zack responded with a smile.

"Zack, please don't say anything to her that you'll regret" Lazard looked at him with concern

"I won't sir; I just think she would like to see Jayden you know?" Zack smiled

"Now why would you say that?" The Director smiled

"Because every mother misses their baby," Zack responded quietly. He picked Jayden out of the basket, and kissed him. "If I gave this kid up I would miss him too," Zack then placed his child back into the basket.

"Does she have parents?"

"They're both deceased," Lazard responded.

"Does she have any relatives?" Zack asked with a brow raised.

"Not alive."

"This may be harder than I thought it would be." Zack mumbled.

"Well I wish you the best of luck." The Director smiled.

"Thank you sir," Zack smiled picked up the basket and left the office.

XXX

As soon as Zack walked out of the Directors office, he got out his PHS and called Aerith.

"Hey Aerith," Zack smiled.

"Hello Zack," Aerith answered excitedly it had been awhile sense Zack called her.

"Would you like to help me investigate something?" Zack asked her hoping she would say yes.

"Of course Zack, what is it?"

"Would you like to help me find Jayden's mom?" Zack was a bit nervous about her answer

Aerith smiled on the other line "Of course I would, not just for you though."

"Who else would you be helping?" Zack asked a little confused

"Jayden silly, it is his mother after all." She teased.

"Your right it is mostly for him." Zack smiled.

"Yes it is you dork."

"Thanks, well were heading down there, we'll see you in a few okay." Zack laughed

"Okay, bye."

"Bye," Zack then hung-up. "Well bud, were going to find your mommy." Zack told his son as he smiled at him. The baby smiled and giggled at him, Zack just laughed and started to leave the building.

As soon as Zack stepped off the train, Aerith attacked him.

"I see you missed me?" Zack laughed.

"Yes…" Aerith replied solemnly. It been a couple weeks sense Zack saw her and he noticed she was teary.

"Aerith don't cry," he then wiped a tear from her cheek. "Come on cheer up."

"I'm sorry I missed you." She answered.

"I know, but I'm here now, aren't I?"

"Yes, where's Jayden?" She replied and let go.

"Right here, see?" Zack lifted up the basket to show her that he was asleep.

"Ah, did the ride make him sleepy?" She smiled.

"Yeah, he was a bit tired." Zack smiled as he looked at Jayden.

"And I was so excited to hear him talk." She pouted at Zack.

"I'm sure he'll be up and wide awake later" Zack chuckled at his girlfriends attempt to look mad about it

She giggled, "I hope he is."

"Well shall we go on our little investigation?" He chuckled.

"Yes lets." She smiled. They latched their arms into one another's and were off to find some clues about Jayden's mother.

XXX

"We should probably ask some of these shop owners if they know who Ceicela is." Zack responded as he took focus into the surroundings of the shops.

"That would help," Aerith smiled at how serious her boyfriend was being.

"Hmm, okay well I'll start from this side you start from the other, okay?" Zack smiled at her.

"Okay sounds fair to me." She smiled and went to her side asking shop owners if they knew Ceicela.

"Okay," Zack then walked to a store clerk.

"Excuse me; do you maybe know a woman by the name of Ceicela Delano?" Zack asked politely.

"No, I don't sorry." The clerk replied.

"Thank you."

Zack went through his whole side and had one more shop left, which had small trinkets and knickknacks. He saw Aerith walking up she smiled solemnly at Zack.

"I see you had no luck?" He asked

"Nope, this is the last shop on my side."

"Mine too, why we don't ask together." Zack suggested.

"Why not?" she smiled.

They then walked up to the counter and tapped it.

"Hey is anyone home?" Zack asked.

A woman walked up to the counter and looked at the two of them.

"Well aren't you two a cute couple?" The woman laughed as she saw Zack and Aerith blush she then looked down to see Jayden.

"You're Zack aren't you?" The woman asked with a smile.

"Yeah, how do you know my name?" Zack asked a little bit on the edge.

"I was Ceicela's boss," She chuckled. "I watched the baby as she worked." She looked down at him and smiled "She made the right choice by giving the baby to you; he's gotten pretty big huh?"

"Yes he has," Zack looked at the woman and smiled. "Do you know where she lives?" Zack asked.

"Yes I actually do, she lives with a friend near the park now. However, I haven't seen her in a while." She smiled "How old is the baby now?"

"He's 10 months." Zack smiled and looked down at his son and smiled "Has she not come to work?" Zack asked concerned

"No, you see she was trying to find a better paying job since we do not have much to offer. And when it came to baby she was having a hard time supporting the both of them. She then had to give him up when she couldn't find a better job and she hasn't come to work in about 7 months." The woman said sadly

"Oh, okay" Zack looked down sad for his child's mother 'I feel so bad, I wish I could have helped her in some way.' Zack thought to himself

"But I bet she would be very happy to see Jayden." The woman smiled at him.

Zack smiled "Glad to know, thank you."

"Yes thank you," Aerith and Zack left the shop to find more clues.

XXX

Zack and Aerith soon walked into the park and saw a house afar, Zack and Aerith both got excited and started to run to the house, but Zack stopped.

"Hey come on, what are you waiting for?" Aerith asked in a rush.

"What if she wants' Jayden back?" Zack looked at Aerith.

"Oh Zack," Aerith then brought him into a hug.

"I don't want to give him back," Zack said quietly as tears started to come following. "I want to be there for Jayden always.

"I know," Aerith replied as she hugged her boyfriend. "You can always refuse. She was the one who gave him up."

"She'll probably say I'm an unfit parent and I'm not there for Jayden often." Zack countered, still crying. 'I don't want to lose this little boy, he's my world… I love him too much to let her have him back, she's not getting him back if she wants him' Zack thought

"Zack don't think like that, please?" Aerith held him closer. "Where is my optimistic Zack that I love?"

"How can't I, ," Zack cried. "I love him too much."

"Zack I know you do, because I love him too." Aerith looked up into his eyes seeing blue with a hint of his original hazel color. She then kissed his cheek and bent down to kiss Jayden's.

"Wait, you love him too?" Zack asked confused

"Of course I do, I don't see how I can't love him. Zack he's your son, and I feel like sometimes he's mine too." Aerith smiled at Zack and reached up to give him a kiss on the lips, which he accepted.

"You make me so happy." He smiled at her and kissed her back

She blushed at let go of him 'I loved the first time I saw him. Just as how I loved you the first time I saw you.' she thought and started to walk toward the house and Zack followed.

XXX

The couple was soon at the door both rather scared to meet this woman, scared that she might take Jayden, scared she will not even talk to them. However, they knocked any way.

*Knock* *Knock, knock, knock* *Knock*

A woman then came to the door.

"Hello?" The woman asked with a quiet soft voice

"Hello, would you happen to be Ceicela?" Zack asked with a smile

"Oh, no…" She sounded distraught she then opened the door. "Please come in." The woman looked about18; she had blonde hair with brown eyes and a slim figure.

Zack an Aerith walked into the home, which was kept though it was the slums. The woman looked down to see Jayden who was waking up; he saw the woman and smiled.

"Hello, I've missed you." She smiled down at the baby

"Is Ceicela here?" Zack asked her but she stayed quiet

Aerith looked at the woman, her eyes reflected sadness. She could feel the woman's feelings on her person.

"Honey, is Ceicela here?" Aerith asked gently.

"No, I'm afraid she passed away." The woman's voice was breaking. "She moved on to the life stream," she then sobbed.

Zack looked away, he felt sad for Ceicela's friend. He saw Aerith, she looked concerned for the young woman.

"When did she pass?" Aerith sighed

"Right after she moved in with me, she lost her home." The woman sobbed

"When was that?"

"About seven months ago." She let out

Aerith then looked at Zack with a grave face.

"Right after I received Jayden." Zack said quietly.

The woman looked at him "He looks just like you" she sobbed, "Ceicela always said that her baby was so handsome because of his father, I can see why she said that now." She smiled and then handed Zack some photos of her and Jayden together.

Zack looked at them he then looked at Jayden and saw that he had her nose, and eyebrows. 'At least he doesn't look completely like me.' He smiled "He has her nose and brows."

"Yeah, he does," she replied.

"Thank you, we are glad to know she is in a better place." Zack smiled

"No, thank you" The woman replied

"Why are you telling me thank you?" Zack was confused.

"Because you took her baby in without question and for that I thank you for that." She smiled gently at him

"You're welcome; his name is Jayden by the way." Zack grinned

"Oh, sorry I never asked did I? What a handsome name."

"Thank you, well be better be off." Zack smiled

"It was nice meeting you," Aerith smiled at her.

The woman then let them out and the couple started to walk out of the station.

XXX

It was dark and Zack and Aerith were in front of the church.

"You didn't have to walk me home." Aerith blushed.

"Yes I did and you know it." Zack stuck his tongue out at her as he fed Jayden his dinner.

She blushed again and laughed, "Was he hungry?"

"Yeah he was, he slept a lot today on our little adventure." Zack chuckled.

"Guess he felt like taking a nice nap." She smiled and then looked down.

"What is it?" Zack asked quizzically.

Aerith wanted to tell him but she knew it was too soon, "Nothing, well good night." She then kissed both of the boys on the cheek and started to walk in to the church when she was stopped.

"Uh, uh, uh." Zack shook his head. "I want a real kiss," he then kissed her.

"Thank you," she then kissed him back and let go, "You really need to go home."

"Yeah, I know." Zack smiled and kissed her cheek, "I'll call soon okay?"

"Okay, I'll talk to you soon."

"Yep, bye." Zack then started to head for the station.

Zack was sitting in the train looking at the stars when he heard a sound "Da" he looked around and heard it again "Da". He then looked down to see Jayden talking to him he smiled at his son.

"Hey buddy; sorry about your mom I bet she was a nice person." A tear then dropped onto the baby's face he winced at it.

"Sorry bud," he wiped the tear from his son's cheek and held him close "I love you," they stayed like that the rest of the way home.

As soon as the two of them were home, Zack started for his bedroom and set Jayden in his bassinet so he could get undressed. Jayden started to get fussy from wanting out. "Hold on, hold on, You'll be out in a minute" Zack smiled and was in his boxers he then grabbed Jayden, got in his bed, and placed Jayden next to him even though he knew he was going to be on his chest in no time.

He smiled at his baby who had small little teeth coming in. "Well little one we sure had an adventure huh?" Zack smiled as Jayden cooed and made gurgles at him. "Yep, we must of." Zack then kissed his baby's cheek and brought him close and Jayden nuzzled his father's chest. "Sleep tight my son, sleep tight." Zack smiled as him and Jayden fell to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction   The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction Empty

Back to top Go down

The Spikes of Life-Fanfiction
Page 1 of 1